Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Apartment Modeling 101




After several months of throwing around the idea of working together, I finally had the opportunity to collaborate with the gorgeous Gio on a photo shoot! Along for the ride was the talented make-up artist Jacki (Belle Amore Make-Up Artistry) who did an amazing job of perfecting perfection, while keeping herself from strangling my cats when they eyed off her belonging with hungry eyes. 
The location for this particular shoot was my apartment, which was an interesting experience considering I've never previously opened up the door to photographing models in my living space. However, the lighting we had to work with was stunning, and the way the rays of light streamed in and illuminated Gio's complexion was absolutely breathtaking in the resulting photos. I have certainly become quite the fan of shooting with natural light!

There are quite frankly many images that turned out beautifully, so included below are some examples that I've chosen to share with you from the day. Clicky-click for larger versions. 
Lastly, lots of warm hugs and thanks to Gio and Jacki for helping make this photo shoot a success! Looking forward to working with you both again soon. <3



One of my favorite candid images from the day: 
Gio cracking me up as she attempts to make ~cool, nonchalant, make-up application~ look realistic for the camera.